10 Best Breweries in Minneapolis
Whether you’ve recently moved to Minneapolis or you’re planning to relocate to this exciting Metropolitan city, you’ll quickly discover that Minneapolis is home to many delicious craft breweries and barrel-house brewpubs.
Whether you crave hops, sour ales, lagers, or stouts, Minneapolis’ beer community works together to offer locals, visitors, and tourists alike a unique selection of deliciously crafted beers that are perfect for those cold Minnesota winter nights and wonderfully bright summer days!
Many of the breweries listed below are continuing to practice social distancing to help protect their loyal patrons and staff! Though their taprooms are temporarily closed, their wide selection of beers are still available through growler sales and curbside pickup. Check out each website below to place your orders, so you can still enjoy the refreshing taste of local craft beer at home!
Top Breweries in Minneapolis
Though it’s almost impossible to narrow down the best breweries in Minneapolis to ten, we wanted to create a local guide that ranged from the best breweries for new releases to the best dog-friendly breweries in Minneapolis.
- Surly Brewing: You can’t visit the Twin Cities without making a stop at Surly Brewing. Stocked with satisfying brews on tap that range from hops and stouts to sours and ales, Surly has an expansive outdoor seating area, complete with fire pits and lawn games. Surly also serves up hot dishes of brick-oven pizza, chicken sandwiches, wings, and arguably one of the best burgers in the Metro area. They also play host to summer concerts.
- Utepils Brewing: You’re sure to have a “gute” time at this European-style brewery and beer garden. Utepils’ Fernweh Taproom hosts many popular weeknight events, as well, including cribbage games, trivia, yoga, and more!
- Inbound Brewing: One of our favorite North Loop Minneapolis breweries, Inbound is always serving up its newest beer concoction that brilliantly blends citrus hops with mouthwatering fruity flavors. Inbound is also one of the more renowned dog-friendly breweries in Minneapolis, so if you’re traveling with your favorite companion, be sure to stop in for a fresh pint!
- Indeed Brewing: Most people love Indeed’s unique can designs and interior artwork almost as much as they love its refreshing selection of beers on tap. Always a fun place to gather with friends, Indeed doesn’t allow any televisions, but instead, stocks its tables with fun board games to help you spend some much needed “unplugged” time over a great tasting beer.
- Modist Brewing: Located in the North Loop District, Modist offers the perfect venue for larger parties, celebrations, or a fresh round of beers with your closest friends.
- 56 Brewing: From garden to growler, 56 Brewing offers a large selection of delicious, hazy-style beers and plays host to many special events, promos, and specials on a weekly basis!
- Dangerous Man Brewing Company: Considered one of the best NE Minneapolis breweries, Dangerous Man focuses on providing patrons with the highest quality, small-batch production beers, as well as a constantly rotating tap selection, so you never get bored.
- Fair State Brewing: A popular co-op with over 15,000 members and counting, Fair State offers plenty of new beers on tap, in cans, and growlers for patrons to enjoy at the taproom or on the go.
- Sisyphus Brewing: Feeling nostalgic for old time arcade games or want to share some laughs at a live comedy show? Sisyphus offers a unique location that’s directly adjacent from the popular Minneapolis Sculpture Garden. Featuring a diverse selection of Belgium beers, American Pale Ales, and hearty stouts that really pack the flavor, this local brewery never disappoints and always entertains guests the moment they arrive!
- Fulton Beer: Another popular North Loop destination, Fulton offers a fun atmosphere and fresh beers on tap, not to mention a convenient mobile food truck that is nestled right inside its outdoor patio area.
Moving to Minneapolis?
There’s more than great breweries to explore in Minneapolis. Our city is also home to numerous parks, lakes, restaurants, museums, music venues, and much more! If you’re planning to relocate to this exciting city and live in one of its diverse neighborhoods, contact AAA Movers to help you plan all the details.
Browse our website to see how we can help you with planning, packing, storing, and other moving necessities. Enjoy the ease and convenience of a free online quote today!